Hillel’s Programming to Foster Cross-Cultural Understanding
Hillel of Silicon Valley offers opportunities for the entire campus community to come together in a safe space to discuss relevant topics. Hillel SV students and staff outreach to other faith and cultural groups on campus, thus enriching various communities on campus.
Hillel members are dedicated to creating a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment for students, where they are encouraged to grow intellectually, spiritually, and socially.
Hillel-sponsored activities and services include:
- Dinners that explore the cultural connections to other faiths, traditions, and intersectional frameworks (e.g., Ethiopian, Sephardic, Italian, LGBTQ).
- Participation in interfaith programming (e.g., interfaith Passover seder, panels)
- Social action (food drives, awareness of global humanitarian charities)
- Speakers on intersectionality, multi-culturalism, global cooperation
- Interfaith and cross-cultural programs with other groups on campus
- Travel opportunities to learn about various faiths