Meet Mia Simowitz!
Mia is a 24 year old senior at SJSU who is getting a BFA in spatial art with a minor in psychology. She likes to hike, play card games, and make sculptures in her free time. She is from the Greater Los Angeles area, but has enjoyed living in San Jose for the past three years. Before moving to San Jose, Mia attended community college in San Luis Obispo for four years.
1. What year are you?- I like to call myself a “super junior” but I applied for graduation last semester, so technically I’m a senior :)
2. What is your favorite Jewish food? Chicken noodle or matzah ball soup, duh. (Bagels and lox is a close second though!)
3. What are three words that describe your personality? Quirky, inquisitive and sarcastic, or we can just go with meow.
4. If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be? I wouldn’t run for office, I would just run away.
5. What do you think is the most important quality in a friend? For me, friendship is a two way street, if one person is putting more effort into the friendship/relationship than the other, that’s extremely frustrating. So I guess, mutual respect and decent communication skills
6. What was the most important thing that happened to you last week? I didn’t die in a plane- does that count?
7. If you could paint anything, what would you paint? I dont like to paint. I’m a sculptor like my dad.
8. What TV sitcom family would you be a member of and why? I would be a combination of Hayley Smith and Roger Smith from American Dad! Because Hayley is a free-spirit who stands up for what she believes and Roger because he is an alien and a really fun guy.
9. If you weren’t limited with money, where in the world would you go for a week and why? I would go to Italy to see where my dad lived for a couple of years before I was born.
10. What would you like to be known for? My ability to connect with others. My artwork. My laugh.
11. What is your favorite event at Hillel? SUSHI.
12. What event would you like to start happening at Hillel? MORE SUSHI